Health Care Plan
TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS)
is the premium-based health plan available for purchase by qualified members of the Reserve Component.
TRS offers comprehensive health coverage similar to TRICARE Standard and TRICARE Extra. Purchasing TRS is a two-step process. Members must qualify
with their Reserve Component before they can purchase TRS coverage.
Once qualified, members may purchase member-only or member and family coverage
. Covered members and family members may access care from any TRICARE-authorized provider, hospital or pharmacy?TRICARE network or non-network. TRS covered members may access care from a military treatment facility on a space-available basis only. TRS members and their covered family members pay the same TRICARE cost-share and deductibles as active duty family members.
Monthly premium costs for CALENDAR YEAR 2009:
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Covered benefits of TRICARE Standard and TRICARE Extra
- TRICARE Standard and TRICARE Extra cost sharing, deductibles, and catastrophic caps that apply to active-duty family members (including the TRS member, him/herself)
- 2 types of coverage
- TRS member-only coverage
- TRS member and family coverage
- Worldwide availability (as long as you continue in the SelRes under a TRS Service Agreement)
|TRS MEMBER ONLY
|TRS MEMBER and FAMILY
COMPARE with the plan offered by your employer or with other comparable civilian health plans
You pay premiums monthly, in advance. There is no annual or quarterly billing.
Premium costs are adjusted January 1 every year.
Vision Care Plan
Now you can obtain quality, professional vision care and save up to 60% on most eyewear needs for you and your family with Preferred Vision Care. (www.preferredvisioncare.com
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET...
- Unlimited choice of eyewear at wholesale prices plus fixed dispensing fee*
- Contact lenses at 20% off retail prices
- Hearing benefit with a 30% discount on exam and 5% to 58% discount on hearing aids
- Mail order prescription benefit conveniently delivers Rx medication directly to you
- Lasik eye surgery at over 130 locations at $895 per eye
*fee for professional fitting of eyewear
For just $15 per year, this valuable Preferred Vision Care membership is available to National Guard members and their immediate family members.